Major Snowy Day NSV and Grateful Moment

lynnc99
on 1/26/11 8:42 pm
Yesterday I came in to the office thinking there would be a light dusting of snow and that I would be home again before the storm hit. My commute is 75 miles, from Lancaster County into Philly. I knew before I got on the train that the weather was dicey at the Lancaster end....but was honestly surprised at how bad it was in the city.

Of course, the storm predictions got worse and worse as the day went on. Since we have more meetings today requiring staff to be in the office, I got an okay to stay over, as most of my colleagues were doing anyway.

Now here is the real story.

I set out for the day dressed in a skirt, sweater, and tights. No pants. Sensible walking shoes, but no boots.

And with the stay over and storms....was going to need to find some kind of change of clothes. At my end of Philly, there isn't a lot of retail. Penn bookstore and a cvs are the neighborhood highlights. The only option for clothing is an Ann Taylor Loft store.

Instead, I was able to go to that Ann Taylor store and find a pair of jeans, fresh tights, a t shirt, and sweater. All on sale, and all adequate to get me thru the day.

Imagine as I did, what the situation would have been in my 250 plus pound days. I remembered the humiliation and frustration I have known....and st the same time, celebrated as in walked out into the snow with my bag.
Lisa H.
on 1/26/11 8:57 pm - Whitehall, PA
That is truly awesome Lynn!! 

Glad you were able to experience such a great moment.. even if it did mean you got stuck away from home.

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 1/26/11 10:05 pm - Lancaster, PA
That is wonderful you never know how much easier life can be when you are not obese.
Patricia R.
on 1/27/11 9:52 am - Perry, MI
Wonderful that you were able to get what you needed.  I remember those days of being stuck with few options.  Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 1/27/11 7:35 pm
Trish, my pre op moment of hitting then total bottom was when there was nothing in an entire MALL that fit me!
bvohl
on 1/27/11 10:30 am
AWESOME!!!!! So proud of you!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Cherish F.
on 1/28/11 1:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Not sure I can top Beth's awesome - but AWESOME!!!
What a great NSV.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views